Meet Me In St. Louis scheduled for Blu-ray Release December 13th
Judy Garland Classic
Nominated for Four Academy Awards®
MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS
Premium Blu-ray™ Book Debut on December 13
With a Bonus CD Soundtrack Sampler
Burbank, CA., August 15, 2011 – Meet Me in St. Louis, the Hollywood musical classic starring the incomparable Judy Garland (Wizard of Oz, A Star is Born), will become available on Blu-ray™ disc for the first time on December 13 from Warner Home Video (WHV).
The fan-favorite, nominated for four Oscars® and headlined by one of the most talented and beloved stars of the 20th century, stars two other Hollywood’s legendary leading ladies as well — Margaret O’Brien (Jane Eyre-1943, Little Women) and Mary Astor (Maltese Falcon, The Great Lie). Meet Me in St. Louis was one of the two highest grossing MGM releases in 20 years.
Meet Me in St. Louis will be offered in WHV’s premium Blu-ray™ book packaging ($35.99 SRP) including more than 40 pages of photos, trivia and more. Pre-order date is November 8. This disc contains a wide variety of bonus features (see below).
About Meet Me in St. Louis
In a role considered one of her favorites, a 22-year-old Judy Garland stars in this warm turn-of-the-century delight presented for the first time on Blu-ray™. Set in 1903, the captivating musical is a slice of Americana, dealing with the Smith family’s experiences during the year of the St. Louis World’s Fair. Directed by Vincente Minnelli (father of Liza),Judy Garland has never been more winning as she pines for “The Boy Next Door,” tells a seven-year-old Margaret O’Brien (awarded a special Oscar® as 1944’s outstanding child actress) to “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and sings about the clang-clang-clang in “The Trolley Song.”
Meet Me in St. Louis’ extra content features include:
- Introduction by Liza Minnelli
- Commentary by Garland biographer John Fricke with Margaret O’Brien, screenwriter Irving Brecher, songwriter Hugh Martin and daughter of producer Arthur Freed, Barbara Freed-Saltzman
- Meet Me in St. Louis: The Making of an American Classic (Narrated by Roddy McDowall)
- Hollywood: The Dream Factory (Emmy-Award winning 1972 MGM-TV special, narrated by Dick Cavett– First time on home video)
- Becoming Attractions: Judy Garland (1996 TCM special)
- Meet Me in St. Louis (1966 TV pilot with Shelley Fabares and Celeste Holm)
- Bubbles (1930 Warner Bros. short featuring Judy Garland at age 7)
- Skip To My Lou (Rare 1941 musical short with Meet Me in St. Louis composers Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane)
- Audio Vault
- Boys and Girls Like You and Me outtake (reconstruction using still photographs)
- Lux Radio Theater Broadcast from December 2, 1946
Run Time: 113 minutes
Catalog #: 1000202875
** (Special Features subject to change)
NOTE: The CD “Soundtrack Sampler” features the following four songs (and only these four): Meet Me In St. Louis (Ensemble); The Boy Next Door; The Trolley Song; and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.
About Warner Home Video
Warner Home Video Blu-ray™ Discs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.
With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, a division of the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video’s film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.